The new Mercury theme is the first of a series of WordPress themes that we’ll be releasing here – one every two weeks, including the occasional free premium theme. I’m biased, but I think Mercury is better than a lot of free WP themes. Here are some of the features.
- A 3-column design.
- Left-side navigation bar.
- Content section
- A “recent posts” section on the right.
- Space for below the main header for customizing with an image and your welcome text.
- Bold blue-green color mix.
- Bold, very visible RSS feed subscription button.
- Calendar, which could be replaced with ads if you prefer.
- Space for a “Featured” link and snapshot.
- Landscape mode showing MyBlogLog users that have recently visited.
- Space for two IAB standard 125×125 pixel sponsor ads.
Of course, you can customize the theme as you see fit. Just leave in the “design credit” link for LogoDesignWorks. Check out the Mercury theme demo page.