”Most business owners know about the importance of logo design, but did you know that packaging is an important part of your brand as well? Your product packaging will be an element of your brand that customers interact with on a daily basis.
Pakage Design Projects
PACKAGE DESIGN THAT WORKS
Most business owners know about the importance of logo design, but did you know that packaging is an important part of your brand as well? Your product packaging will be an element of your brand that customers interact with on a daily basis. In many cases, potential customers will find out about your brand for the first time by seeing your packaging outside of your actual location. Your packaging should be a recognizable, attractive, and carefully designed part of your company brand. Here are a few tips for making that happen.
- Stick with your brand. The shapes and colors that are part of your logo design and locations should also be reflected in your packaging. However, these are not the only parts of your packaging that will be part of your brand. Consider your packaging shape, design, and materials carefully and make sure that they fit seamlessly with the rest of your brand. While you want for your products to stand out on the shelf, they also need to fit neatly into your store and your entire line of products. Where appropriate, your business logo should also be included on your packaging. This will ensure that your customers associate their favorite products with your company and know immediately where to find more.
- Be clear about your product. One mistake made by many companies is not expressing their product’s purpose on their packaging. Customers may hesitate if they don’t know exactly what your product does from its packaging. This moment of hesitation can cost you a sale, so make it easy. Show in print and in picture what your product will accomplish.
- Solve a problem. Modern life is full of problems and challenges. Your products should solve some of these problems for your consumers. But how will they know what problems you are solving? From your packaging, of course. Design your packaging with a problem solving focus in view at all times.
- Think green. The modern customer is more concerned than ever about how a product and its packaging will affect the environment. When possible, choose recycled materials and those that are easily recycled as well. You’ll get bonus points if your packaging is designed to be re-used within the customer’s home. Always think about ways to reduce packaging and reduce waste at the same time. These efforts will save you money and win brownie points with eco-minded consumers.
- Keep it simple. As with all aspects of graphic design, simplicity is the key to success. Removing non-essential elements will make it easier for customers to identify and remember more important aspects of your packaging. Further, a simple design is almost always the most attractive one. It’s a win-win situation that no company can afford to ignore.
Packaging is an important part of your brand—so important that you simply cannot afford to neglect it. Your packaging will determine whether customers buy your product and whether they continue to buy it on a regular basis. If you have any questions, talk to a graphic designer about how your packaging can be the very best.